Eight Dimensions of Wellness (8 Dimensions of Wellness)
Lexington, KY -- Wellness encompasses 8 mutually interdependent dimensions: physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, vocational, financial, and environmental.
By: Tonya Roberts, RN, Chief Nursing Officer
Dimensions of wellness: Change your habits, change your life
- Caring for your body to stay healthy now and in the future.
- Growing intellectually, maintaining curiosity about all there is to learn, valuing lifelong learning, and responding positively to intellectual challenges
Expanding knowledge and skills while discovering the potential for sharing your gifts with others.
- Understanding and respecting your feelings, values, and attitudes.
- Appreciating the feelings of others.
- Constructively managing your emotions.
- Feeling optimistic and enthusiastic about your life.
- Maintaining healthy relationships, enjoying being with others, developing friendships and intimate relations, caring about others, and letting others care about you.
- Contributing to your community.
- Finding purpose, value, and meaning in your life with or without organized religion.
- Participating in activities that are consistent with your beliefs and values.
- Preparing for and participating in work that provides personal satisfaction and life enrichment that is consistent with your values, goals, and lifestyle.
- Contributing your unique gifts, skills, and talents to personally meaningful and rewarding work.
- Managing your resources to live within your means, making informed financial decisions and investments, setting realistic goals, and preparing for short-term and long-term needs or emergencies.
- Being aware that everyone’s financial values, needs, and circumstances are unique.
- Understanding how your social, natural, and built environments affect your health and well-being.
- Be aware of the earth's unstable state and the effects of your daily habits on the physical environment.
- Demonstrating commitment to a healthy planet.
Ready to find out more?
Contact us today about the Eight Dimensions of Wellness and how Sharicom Wellness can help you!